[manchesterwireless] Could Warrington Wireless go SuperG?
gARetH baBB
2006-01-03 13:17:23 UTC
My question though. SuperG runs on Ch6 (main, plus bits of other channels)
We are possibly thinking of extending the network, using the existing
WRT54G as separate networks and replacing with WRT54GS's at roof level. If
were were to use SuperG can the other SuperG network in the road co-exist?
I think we've been through this before - SuperG is a propietary Atheros
based system, WRTs use Broadcom.
It's causing interference at roof level between ch1-10, so if we were
both SuperG at Ch6 would it work, or will interference problems greatly
increase?
Very likely - probably time to start investigating 802.11a, you're going
to need to pay for a licence but it's looking like you have no other
choice.
Andy Gauton
2006-01-03 13:39:47 UTC
Post by gARetH baBB
I think we've been through this before - SuperG is a propietary Atheros
based system, WRTs use Broadcom.
Sorry, we have. I was being lazy :(
Post by gARetH baBB
Very likely - probably time to start investigating 802.11a, you're going
to need to pay for a licence but it's looking like you have no other
choice.
Thanks for that. We will keep fighting until the bitter end :) Now, to try
and convince the other router owner to drop down to 54MB and change
channel.

How does Pre-N / MIMO fit into the wireless scene? Is this going to cause
even more problems?

Andy :)